Thursday, June 11, 2009
My Green Thumb (or lack there of)
I love tomatoes more than any other food, and would be more than happy to survive on tomatoes alone. Now that I have my own backyard, I was eager to grow tomato plants! I am the worse when it comes to growing things and have killed more plants than have survived. But I love tomatoes so much that I was willing to do all I could to keep the plants alive. My mom and dad have been very helpful in planting the tomato plants and keeping them alive. If it was not for them, my plants would be dead! Well, my eyes and stomach are bigger than my backyard and I planted 10 tomato plants in a the small area against my fence. I did not quite understand the amount of room small 10 tomato plants would take up. So needless to say, the plants are falling over and then breaking off. So we are using plenty of gates, trellises, etc. to keep my favorite red fruit/veggie alive! I now have very tall plants with many green tomatoes! I have 4 Better Boy plants and 6 grape tomato plants. I am very eager to eat them soon but am so sad they will probably turn red while we are out of town. Thank goodness for Cozy, my mom's friend from work who lives close by and is going to care for my plants while I am gone!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment